ESSEX IS ON THE MOVE
Our unique tour goes through countryside which is perfect for riding your machine. It offers peaceful roads over gentle rolling hills through pretty rural villages. These circular routes along the quieter lanes afford the rider time to enjoy the scenery and observe the wildlife, while in the company of fellow enthusiasts.
A refreshment stop at a village tearoom tops it off.
So, head for Essex and ride with us. You won't be disappointed.
NEXT RIDE DETAILS BELOW
DUE TO NEW COVID LAWS-ONLY 5 RIDERS CAN JOIN ME FOR A SPIN-LET ME KNOW IF YOU’RE COMING PLEASE.
NEXT RIDE: WRITTLE TO BLACK CAT
DATE: SUNDAY 4TH OCTOBER
RIDE STATUS: TBC
Ride Start Time: 10.30am
Parking Postcode: CM1 3NW
Park on road called: Fosters Close
Distance: 30 MILES approx
Tearoom: The SNUG
Please confirm if you're riding. Thanks
ALL RIDES ARE WEATHER PERMITTING - YOU RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK - CHECK RIDE STATUS BEFORE YOU TRAVEL - See you there - C'mon!
We can't grow if you don't show.
Sign up for Next Ride notifications below - It's FREE!
Click on image to enlarge
ABOUT ME AND THE RIDE
My interest is in planning the route. As a professional navigator and keen explorer I have created many circular routes throughout Essex over the last decade. My aim is to make the expedition interesting, scenically pleasing, not too physically demanding and add in a tearoom for good measure. I think these routes offer the best selection of small lanes, rolling hills and exceptional countryside. The tours are about 30 miles and takes around 2.5 hours.
This is not a club - nor are these organised events. If you're reading this and own a roadworthy Solex and also would like to join us for a ramble in the Essex countryside, then you do so at your own risk and by joining in you acknowledge and understand this.
If what you see here appeals, why not join in? You are very welcome to come along - just turn up at the 'grand depart' (start point) and away we go - riding in a Solex peloton!
Full ride details are posted here and on the Facebook page 'Essex on my Velosolex'. The ride status is confirmed the day before when I can be more certain of the weather conditions. (Rides are on a Saturday or Sunday morning -weather permitting).
By joining in you agree to allow your image to be used across various platforms and on merchandise.
Occasionally there is a longer distance ride.
TRANSPORTING YOUR SOLEX
HERE ARE SOME IDEAS FOR WAYS TO MOVE YOUR SOLEX AROUND
Pictures taken from a very interesting thread on 'Transporting a Solex'
RIDE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Solex used during the ride must be in a roadworthy condition with properly functioning brakes and lighting.
2. The Solex must be insured and have a valid license plate.
3. The participant must have a driving licence allowing them to ride a velosolex.
4. Participants take part in a ride entirely at their own risk.
5. A crash helmet must be worn during the ride.
6. By joining in a ride, you confirm that you will not hold SX Velosolex liable for theft / damage to material or bodily injury and / or consequential damage or accident, parking tickets or any other unforeseen costs.
7. The rides take place on the public road. Participants are required to comply with the highway rules at all times.
8. Participants will not drive side by side where there is not enough space.
9. Participants shall warn fellow participants of oncoming traffic and obstacles.
10. Any form of racing or contest during the ride is not permitted.
11. By joining in the participant declares that the policy has been read, agreed to, and that traffic rules will be complied with throughout the ride. By joining in you understand and agree that you ride at your own risk.
12. You understand and agree that all rides are weather permitting and that even after travelling to the start of a ride, the weather may have changed and a ride could be cancelled in the last minutes before starting. You agree that a 'safety first' policy for all riders is adhered to at all times. By joining in you agree to allow your image to be used across various platforms and on merchandise.